This book provides a concise, humorous, and carefully written and illustrated guide to paediatric clinical skills, including the skill of history taking from the child at various ages and from the parents, as well as examination of the body systems. The style is appealing and easy to read, and contains advice and tips based on the authors’ years of experience and study.
- Divided into short, manageable chapters
- Useful illustrations and tables
- All terms are clearly defined
- Links examination technique to clinical examples
- Includes terms and mnemonics section and clinical checklist
- New illustrations and page design
- New material on the acutely ill child and the terrified toddler
- New information on syndrome recognition
All in all a very handy book for the student, the resident or other professional working with children.” Joav Merrick, International Journal Adolescent Medical Health, August 2003 –This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.