Since 1997, The Washington Manual of Surgery has consistently provided residents with need-to-know surgical information and guidance in a convenient and easily accessible source. This is a resident-prepared manual, and as such, each chapter was updated and revised by a resident with assistance from a faculty coauthor from the Department of Surgery at one of the world’s top surgical training programs. The Manual’s unique perspective gives readers a clear view of the challenges surgical residents face, and of the practical solutions they have seen work, first hand.
Now in its Sixth Edition, The Washington Manual of Surgerycontinues to deliver a concise, rational approach to the management of patients with surgical conditions. The text has been redesigned to make it even more user friendly, and the content has been updated with the latest advances in surgical technique and instrumentation.
Look to The Washington Manual of Surgery for…
• Convenient outline format and pocket size make the Manual easy to carry and its content easy to find, grasp, and retain.
• Comprehensive coverage addresses all areas taught in general surgical residencies, including pediatric surgery.
• Concise guidelines and algorithms assist in the diagnosis and management of surgical diseases.
• Minimally invasive techniques have been incorporated into all relevant anatomical site and disease chapters to broaden readers’ surgical options.
NEW in the Sixth Edition…
• New, full color interior design enhances visual learning.
• New chapter on emergencies in surgical patients prepares readers for any challenge.
• Updated focus on evidence-based medicine includes the latest information and treatment algorithms in each section
“The Washington Manual of Surgery is one of the best guides that I have read. It is easy to understand and contains all the necessary information to be a competent surgery resident. This edition has updated journal articles that may be referenced and used to back up clinical decisions. Quite simply, this manual will help residents be better prepared as clinicians.”
Weighted Numerical Score: 95 – 4 Stars!
– Doody Enterprises, Inc. (July 2012)
– Raphael C Sun, Doctorate of Medicine(University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics)
‘Concise, outline based format incorporates the latest in evidence-based surgical concepts.’
‘Each chapter interweaves the discussion with references to seminal papers and provides clear, easy-to-read tables and charts to summarize concepts.’
‘Accessible, succinct, and complete resource to assist one in navigating perioperative challenges.’
Annals of Surgery, Volume 259, Number 2, February 2014, Kathryn L. Butler, MD, Division of Acute Care Surgery Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA