This popular and practical text presents all the information clinicians need to use the EKG in everyday practice and interpret hypertrophy and enlargement, arrhythmias, conduction blocks, pre-excitation syndromes, and myocardial infarction. It is an ideal reference for medical students in ICM courses, house officers, or anyone directly involved in patient care, whether student, teacher, or practitioner.
- Four-color design to make models, illustrations and tracings clearer
- More questions for faculty test generator
- Numerous new tracings
- Expanded sections on subjects where new developments have made deeper understanding possible including atrial fibrillation, long QT syndrome, apical ballooning syndrome and more
- 200 facsimiles of EKG strips
- Clinical examples to help students get a sense of the clinical use of EKG
- Numerous case studies
- Online companion site with fully searchable text and image bank. Plus, an interactive question bank for students, EKG Image with explanation test bank and test generator for faculty
“This is a popular and practical handbook for those who wish a thorough understanding of EKG interpretation, especially for everyday clinical practice. It effectively summarizes basic concepts and helps to incorporate those concepts into accurate EKG interpretation. The main strength of this book is the author’s ability to simplify complex concepts and the use of high-quality illustrations to teach readers how to systematically translate the EKG interpretation to aid in clinical decision making.”
Doody’s Reviews (February, 2013)
Nicholas N Hanna, MD (Ochsner Clinic Foundation)
Weighted Numerical Score: 100 – 5 Stars!