The 3M™ Littmann® Master Classic II™ Stethoscope combines the reliable, versatile acoustic performance of tunable diaphragm technology with the portable convenience of a single-sided chestpiece. The Master Classic II stethoscope is used by students and medical professionals alike to detect, listen to, and study heart, lung, and other body sounds for physical assessment and diagnosis.
Tunable diaphragm technology—a 3M invention—lets clinicians hear different frequency sounds by simply adjusting the pressure on the chestpiece. Unlike two-sided models, there’s no need to turn over and reposition the chestpiece. Hold the chestpiece with light pressure to hear low frequency sounds; press a little more to hear higher frequency sounds. This time-saving feature allows the healthcare provider to focus on the patient, while the non-chill rim provides patient comfort.
Headset tension is easily adjusted for head size and comfort by squeezing together or pulling apart the eartubes. Snap-tight, soft-sealing eartips conform to individual ears for an excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit. Eartips snap firmly onto the ends of the eartubes and, for safety, require a significant effort to remove.
Resilient next-generation tubing retains its shape and flexibility even after folding tightly into a pocket. It provides longer stethoscope life due to improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol, and is less likely to pick up stains. Next-generation tubing is not made with natural rubber latex, a benefit to sensitive medical professionals and their patients. And, to play its part in the protection of human health and the environment, the next-generation tubing does not contain phthalate plasticizers.
The Master Classic II stethoscope is made in the USA for consistent quality. It comes complete with large soft-sealing eartips, large firm eartips, and instructions.
Ideal use for Physical Assessment and Diagnosis applications.
- Single-sided tunable diaphragm
- Single lumen tubing, nonchill rim and patented Littmann soft-sealing eartips
- Three-year warranty
- Length: 27″
- 23 karat gold-plated chestpiece and binaurals
- Single-sided tunable diaphragm allows monitoring of both high and low frequency sounds without having to turn over the chestpiece.
- Features high performance single lumen tubing, nonchill rim and patented Littmann® soft-sealing eartips.
- Gold Edition-23 karat gold-plated chestpiece and binaurals.
- To help clinicians be sure they are obtainig a genuine Littmann® Stethoscope, all acoustic (non-elecronic) stethoscopes with a 2007 lot code (or later) will carry a 3MTM ConfirmTM Authentication Label with Floating Image Technology.